Rhewl Football Club
Chairman – Gareth Williams 5 Denbigh Road, Rhewl 07913 319528
Manager – Rhys Hilditch Roberts 07900 688568 and
Appeal Panel rep. – Ian Hession
Shirts – Black and White stripes, Black shorts and socks
Drovers Arms, Rhewl
Steven Mellor – Ruthin Body Shop
Artisan Conservatories, Denbigh
Player Catchment Area
The parish of Llanynys (pre 1974)
Parc de Rhewl at Ty Isa, Rhewl (see map)
Pavilion containing dressing rooms with showers and toilets.
The Rhewl cafe is open again this season with burgers and hot dogs a speciality
After match hospitality – Drovers Arms
League Champions -1932, 1956, 1969,1972,1986, 1994, 1995, 2003
Shield Winners – 1947, 1968, 1971, 1972, 1983, 1995
7-a-side – 1964, 1993, 1997,2000
Junior 7-a-side – 2007, 2009, 2010
Rhewl were invited to join the league in its second season – 1928, and they have been members every season since, except for a 2 year period in the 60’s.
Rhewl had to rely on the kindness of local farmers for a pitch and 6 fields were used, before in 1973 the village acquired its own playing field. In 1986 the pavilion was built which included dressing rooms and showers. At that time until the late 90’s the local cricket club shared the ground, but as that club expanded they moved to Ruthin School allowing the Football Club to relocate and increase the size of the pitch.
The Rhewl catchment is based on the original Llanynys Parish; since then the size of the area has been reduced as Ruthin expanded in a northerly direction. Generally it contains Rhewl, Llanynys and parts of Cyffylliog, Bontuchel and Llanfwrog.
Rhewl is a village 2 miles from Ruthin ; take the A525 in the Denbigh direction from Ruthin; turn first right after you pass the village sign and the playing field is on the left about 200 meters from the main road.
From Denbigh take the A525 in a southerly direction, Rhewl is situated 3 miles after Llanrhaeadr and once in the village, you pass the Drovers Arms pub on the left then take the first left turn (not the housing estate), signposted for Llandyrnog, and the playing field is on the left about 200 meters from the main road.